Sprint Retrospective 5

From the last sprint, our team was entering this new sprint with a lot of questions as to whether or not we could complete the server. After a lot of team discussion as to what we think is best, we ultimately decided to drop the server (for now) and start working on an actual component. We were all really frustrated that we had come to that standstill with this server and it seemed as though no light would come of day. But with the internal discussion we had and rethinking processes, we decided that it would be best to just start for production on the bottom navigation bar component. To start, we talked to other teams as they were essentially done with creating an intractable framework for their components. After talking with them for a bit, we understood that a lot of the work was actually already handled by the angular material design. A lot of the components that were needed were built into the API and could easily be implemented…except for ours. Figures right? However, it wasn’t all doom and gloom. When scouring through the angular material design api, we saw components for forms, side navigation bars, tabs, and much more. However, what we didn’t see any documentation for was for a bottom navigation bar. A static module that was always overlayed on top of almost every other component and was responsible for switching to different pages or fields when needed. Fortunately for us, we found was was called “Ignute UI”. This was a lifesaver and a time saver. Like the base angular material, it had all the other components such as forms, tabs, etc. But it also included the bottom navigation bar and much, much more!

Our team was relieved and immediately started implementation of this within the component. The API was very clear and had java-doc like documentation with greatly explained what was included in each package and component. This was exactly what we were looking for. We finally got the navigation bar implemented and working successfully! This was a great step ahead and major improvement after the essential devastation that was our last few sprints. Our team came together and persevered to find something that worked, and this Ignite UI could potentially be even more useful than the base material design to consider using in the future. But for now our focus was to test this component and start to match the CSS as it looks on the Zeppelin layout.  It’s feels great to finally be able to move past a barrier that we have been stuck at for so long now and to finally see something that we can actually interact with. A component that we had initially thought to do but put it to the side. It seemed like we had to restart several times but finally we have something that we can show and something that can finally start being merge with other groups in hopes to create one large working component to finally interact and share data through.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s