Sprint Retrospective #1

I learned a lot from this first sprint. A lot of issues were being run into and as a team we were able to overcome these obstacles to all continue. Something that I learned that collaboration can often lead to success because you may learn something about a topic that you may not know. Next I will explain some of the tasks our group has completed. First, we had to make sure all of us had a sprint backlog. These included tasks for our sprint timeframe that we should be able to complete. We setup a group environment on GitHub to clone our ng2-amrs repositories so we could get oiur AMPATH portal up and running. This is where we, and many others, ran into most of our problems. A lot of us had many different errors so it was very confusing trying to find fixes for all of us at first. We coordinated with other groups via slack channels in order to first find out who was having what errors. After posting about the errors and discussing them in the slack channels and amongst each other at our meetings, we started to research for solutions.

For example, one of my teammates was getting an error upon trying to run the “ng serve” command in order to get the virtual server running to launch the AMPATH login portal. This error was stating that there was an incompatibility with Windows 64 bit operating systems and would keep failing at compilation. In order to solve this, we needed to research the issue and eventually found a fix online that worked for the majority of people having issues with this. One specific issue that also seemed to affect people trying to run the “ng serve” or “ng build” commands was that it was throwing that certain dependencies were missing. After trying multiple things, we eventually found out ourselves that this was indeed and issue with the installation of node.js. In one of our previous software developement classes, we had already installed node.js. However, there was one major issue that kept us from compiling the project succesfully. This issue was that the first time we had installed node.js, we did not specify it to install all of the dependencies, therefore “ng serve” was not able to run because it would fail at compilation due to these missing dependencies. The fix we found for this was to completely uninstall node.js and reinstall it, but this time also installing all the dependencies (python, net framework, etc.) This fix corrected the issues for us and we were finally able to run the command and go to the local host AMPATH portal. Next there seemed to be an issue where compilation would hang at around 92% and fail. The fix for this was to run two different commands that we had found on stackoverflow for someone who was having this same issue: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50621043/fatal-error-call-and-retry-last-allocation-failed-javascript-heap-out-of-memo

The fix fix for this was to run two commands in the node modules folder that fixed the package.json file. After this, we ran “npm run build-prod” and then this fixed the issue.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s